Monday, August 10, 2009

What a Beautiful Day!









Yesterday was not only Harper's 3 month Birthday but it was also the day we blessed him! It was a frantic morning trying to get the house ready, myself looking like I had my act together, and keeping Harper happy! Once we got to the church I was so worried about where everyone sat, will they be comfortable, will my church offend anyone, and then it just happened! They called my Dad up to bless Harper and all family members who would be participating. I was so worried Harper would scream through it, and he just watched my dad as he blessed him! My dad gave him a beautiful blessing filled with hope, love, encouragement, and strength! I was so moved and so was the rest of the family. As soon as he was done I was so at peace and happy! The Bishop got up and said, "this is good stuff were doing here today" and it was! The rest of the day was amazing. It was spent with family and friends, members, and non-members. It didn't matter, everyone was so supportive and loving! I am so thankful for all the people we are blessed with to have in our lives! It felt like a wonderful start to our life as a family!

3 comments:

Jenny Knudsen said...

The feeling at the blessing was amazing. I loved the families coming together to support this new baby that everyone loves. Thank you for inviting us and letting us feel the spirit there.

Timmy, Kris, Ezra & Ainsley said...

Post the pics already!! ;-) It really was a great day -tho it would have been nice to sit with my family :-) Your dad & Harper did such a great job...he was still pooped on Monday!

.:pamela:. said...

I am so sad we missed it! It sounds like it was a beautiful day...nothing but the best for your gorgeous little boy! He is surrounded by love!